I was nominated by “A Rain-Dried Notion”, thank you, which is on my reading list for blog reads. There’s a little bit of work to these awards. In saying that, I was given a few short questions and will pass on the personal ones, join in, and have fun with this round of award-giving since opening up Tales. So here are my nominees & the questions given to me. AND, to my nominees: If you do not want to participate I am surely ok with that. The questions, given to me are the same given to you. Just copy and paste them as I did.
What brought you to blogging?
It was in 2005 when I started riding motorcycles. Not too many women rode and wrote about it. A lot of people were excited for me as a woman of 50 back then just learning how to ride and wanted pictures sent, and such. I went online and found blogging to make it easier. There was no smartphone yet to make social media effective. I don’t even think Facebook was alive then. Anyway, I opened up Katy Did and began a journal of sorts, which came into opinions and eventually grew into Life’s Ride As I See It. When more women started voicing their love for it on blogs, it was a great connection. I have met many of my riding bloggers both male and female and term them as very close friends now. I shut down Life’s Ride (sometimes I regret it), but it seemed I was writing the same thing over and over. Then along came a burst of energy into my photography background which I hadn’t touched in years. So here I am on Tales From My Lens and 365 Days where, as I get older, I love the sharing and writing of just everyday thoughts and sights that life throws at me.
What’s your writing/blogging goal for 2018?
I have no goal. I wing it. When a post comes to mind, that is when I sit and write.
Which novel agitated or shook you up the most?
I read old vintage books. I don’t read modern anymore except for bloggers’ writings. In saying that, I don’t think anything I have chosen to read agitated me. I take it all in, then just release it.
What superpower would you like to possess?
To just throw up my hands and have people I don’t want to deal with turn around and go away.
What do you think should be done to minimize crimes against women and children?
Immediate jail. Do not pass go. When seriousness is shown, people tend to pay attention more. Also, allow women more rights to defend and carry protection. Making it a standard in life to teach and educate boys and men that it just isn’t going to be acceptable. There is no second time. Getting rid of some political figures who think it is ok wouldn’t be so bad either.
Now the RULES: (No, I did not make them… I am just passing them because that’s the rules. They are from The Global Aussie and can be located there on that site with oodles of other info on this. As follows:
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgment of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2018 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
And, finally, in reference to number 3 above:
I guess being passionate about blogging is a long shot. I just like to write and blogging is the easiest way to do it without anyone screaming at me being correct on my grammar, etc. I just write as I speak. I am not a writer, just a blogger who enjoys not having to worry about all the ducks being in the row. Makes it so much easier to journal.
Til Next Time…