~Dirty Birds~

We have a nest and a family of swallows.  I’m pretty sure they are swallows anyway. Here, the two adults are building and exchanging mud beak duty for Sunday Stills.

I just love the animal life here *minus the rattlers..ugh don’t like the snakes, nope*. Every year this nest comes back. I am not too keen on the workings of the swallow’s nest, but each year I get one right above the doorway…mud and all.

I love my Dirty Birds.

Til next time…

1. Nice capture, Kathleen!

1. Thank you. They are hiding from me right now 😦

Liked by 1 person

2. I love your photos. We get swallows, house martins and swifts every year here in Yorkshire, England. Sometimes they have two lots of chicks. . Nests are built on top the burglar alarm bell, the guttering, inside the stables and the barn.They are very difficult to tell apart unless you see the whole body close up.I think it’s the swallows that prefer to be inside the stable and barn.

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m hearing they really like to be inside like this one is close to the roof. I can’t wait to see the babies leave their nest. I hope they make it.

3. These are amazing!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Paula! The nest now looks like a little fortress.

4. Fascinating! Lovely sequence.

Liked by 1 person

1. I think the vote is Swallow. My friend says they are a bit off course since they like being a bit more south around the ocean. They are very territorial too.

Liked by 1 person

5. Swallows are hard to shoot (with a camera)! Nice photos of #feathered friends and glad to see these smart birds building their nest in a decent spot! Thanks for linking to #SundayStills!

Liked by 1 person

1. They sure are quick and I had to pull back because one was becoming an angry dirty bird.

Liked by 1 person

6. you should put a video camera up to record them building!

Liked by 1 person

1. I tried yesterday, it was so interesting to watch. I wasn’t very good at it. I should try again.

1. practice improves one sight

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Cindy. They are in an awkward place for me to stand, I am happy I got a little bit of them.

1. They sure are mighty little workers.

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, they are that indeed.

Do Tell The Tale:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s